Learning Technologies is a huge free exhibition and paid-for conference in London every year. I’ve been going for more years than I care to remember and it gets better every year.
You can see the conference programme here.
You can see all of the tweets on #LT18UK. The back channel is a great way to get involved with an event if you aren’t there in person.
@LightbulbJo hi thanks for the follow back – enjoying reading your tweets as couldn't be there in person this year!— Anna Simpson (@anna_simpson01) January 31, 2018
Day one exhibition walkabout
Ar Deputy Editor of TJ, I thought doing a live Periscope video broadcast at the exhibition might be a great way to get the message out from some of the exhibitors, as well as highlight the event to people who aren’t sure about coming, or can’t make it.
This walkabout included:
- Brian Calvert from Training Journal publisher’s Dods Parliamentary Communications
- Stephanie Morgan on the TJ cover, LT Chairman Don Taylor inside the magazine and, well, me!
- Thrive Partners chatting with Emma Fairclough
- Appitierre with Wes Atkinson whilst he was talkign with Phil Reddall from John Lewis, also Chair of the Board of the Elearning Network
- Nancarrow Partnerships with Issy (Isobel) Nancarrow
- The Elearning Network chatted with John Curran, James McLuckie and Toby Harris
- Blue Bottle Biz with Marco Faccini
- Management Pocketbooks with Ros Baynes
- The LPI with Giles Hearn
There was some great feedback on the exhibition walkabout, so we decided to do more on day two!
It was awesome Jo – please do more – maybe go and say hi to Jenny and crew at @kineo – they will welcome you with open arms 🙂— Brady_All_The_Way (@LearnKotch) January 31, 2018
Loved the definition of Elearning: Learning happening online! Let's keep it simple #LT18UK— SyncSkills (@SyncSk) January 31, 2018
Towards Maturity research launch
L&D research company Towards Maturity exclusively launched their latest annual benchmark report at LT18 and I was proud to do the Periscope live video broadcast of it from TJ. This was delivered by Laura Overton and Genny Dixon.
Day one reflection with Mike
- David Kelly and Steve Wheeler
- Charles Jennings
- Sukh Pabial
- Towards Maturity and Laura Overton
- And more
Day two walkabout one
- BCS with Michelle Kaye
- Clear Lessons with Rosie Haighton
- GoodPractice with Paul Gray (who I managed to hit in the chin with the microphone, sorry Paul!)
- Pluralsight with Lisa Minogue-White, where we also talked about Colin Steed’s Learning Now TV and Learning Now Radio podcast
- anewspring with Brant Seethaler and I mention the Learning Notes from Ger Driesen
- Charity Learning Consortium with Charlotte Gibson
Hey there Jo! Nice work <3— Cara North (@caranorth11) February 1, 2018
- Unicorn Training
- HT2 Labs with Ben Betts (and a quick moment with Alan Betts)
- TAO Leadership with Justin Collinge
- See Learning with Jo Wainwright
The final walkabout
- Saba with Christian Foerg
- Kineo with Hannah Wysome
- Virtual Gurus with Hans van der Linden
- Logicearth with Patrick Howard
- Sponge UK with Mike Herbert-Roche
#LT18UK second day reflection with Mike
Mike and I reflection day two, talking about:
One of Mike’s tweets was included in the DPG Storify round up too!
You did an amazing job at #LT18UK, Jo. Congrats— Paul Gray 🇺🇦 (@paullyv71) February 2, 2018
Ross Garner from GoodPractice did a great “1 second a day” video, which gives a lovely insight to activities: